Recommendations for foamie warbird

david james 1

Advert

David

Have a look at the Durafly range sold by Hobbyking. I've got the Trojan and it's excellent. From memory they also do a Corsair and Skyraider. The UK store also had a non-Durafly Hurricane, which is a bit different, if it's still in stock. All of these come kitted out with servos, motor, ESC and retracts - you just have to add the RX and lipo. For £100 -ish they are great value.

Sorry if this looks like a Hobbyking advert! I've no connection other than as a customer.

Posted by Daithi O Buitigh on 17/12/2012 18:22:43:

The links I gave you have a 1400mm span FW 190 (55 inch) at £95 (retracts extra) or an 1100 mm span Stuka (43 inch) at £96

Those are both in stock in the UK warehouse

Edited By Daithi O Buitigh on 17/12/2012 18:23:28

Sorry -looked but thought they had to come from the States.

Both these and the Dynam planes nees 4S lipos. Is this normal for these types? I have several 3S for electric gliders and hoped to use them.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi all

Have decided to go in a different direction.

I wanted something to fly in our local park as well at the club field and decided that a warbird probably wouldn't be ideal. So I have bought Foam E Wot4.

Yesterday it was half an hour to assemble and an hour to put all the stickers on. Then down to the park for a maiden flight. Despite the lipos being a bit olow par I got some 8 minute flights.

Now I am into this leccy business, i may get a warbird in the spring.