Aurora 9 Tx Male Connector (Elmec or Losi?)

Dr. David

I found this on the Phoenix site. Not very helpful, I'm afraid.

"Sanyo Eneloop Hitec Aurora 2000mAhr 7.2v Tx Battery Ref: BS047

Sanyo Eneloop 2000mAhr 7.2v Tx Battery - Hitec Aurora. Size 15mm x 45mm x 100mm (3x2 AA cells). The battery comes with a standard UNI Rx type battery plug as we have been unable to source the white Hitec plug. We suggest that the plug from the original battery is used to make an adapter lead using a short servo extension lead. If the original battery is serviceable then attach the unused end of the extension lead to it so both batteries can easily be exchanged and charged externally."

But then I found this on the HobbyKing site, referred to on this RCGroups thread:

Noter the RCGroups points about correct polarity!

Edited By John Cole on 24/12/2012 15:19:46

Posted by David Wilson 5 on 24/12/2012 13:13:27:

Does anyone know where I can get the battery connectors for the Aurora 9 TX battery,so I can run the TX on 2 cell lipo?

I understand these are called Elmec connectors.

I have found where I can buy 1000 ... doh!

Please refer to the info and photo under:

Aurora 9 - Lipo & Field Fast Charging. includes Fast Charge Aurora, Eclipse 7 & 7 Pro, Flash 4 & 5, Laser, Optic 6, Optic 5, Lite 4, Prism 7 etc.

ex Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
Aurora 9, AFHSS Spectra Modules, Optima Transceivers, Minima Receivers
& Telemetry

- FAQ & Undocumented Features
- Mixes, Setups, Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Do not understand your comment "These links hardly apply to the UK." as everything in those links and pages regarding an Aurora 9 applies equally within UK as it does within USA, Europe, Australia, Pakistan or elsewhere worldwide.

The original question asked which plug is used, what did you not understand about

"6) Transmitter Battery Plug for Aurora, Eclipse 7, Optic 6, Flash, Prism, Laser & Focus series:
Mini Elmec made by: Kyocera Elco - Series 8263 Specification Sheet
[A Retail Example: Hitec Tx Male Connector Amperage Rating: 5 Amps, Wire Size: 22awg, Leads: 8"] "

NB: Be carefull when buying premade leads as some, like those Losi, do have reversed polarity which is why the suggestion to insert the yellow polarity sticker inside the battery compartment as many Tx did not have them.

The photo showing how to install a Lipo with a separate connector is recommended reading. Much easier than attaching and removal a plug from the board, any local plugs can be used.
FWIW, The Hitec support forum FAQ is based in NZ to assist those in all countries, shall be happy to amend/expand anything you do not understand.

Alan Tong.

Edited By A.T. on 25/12/2012 09:33:51

Alan, if you read my original post, you will see that I asked where you can buy the plugs in the UK without ordering 1000.

I know which plug is used, I have found them available in the US, but with the US practice of inflated postage charges, I will not order from there.

david

Losi Mini Plug Pigtail - Battery (2pcs/bag) Hobbyking international site. Already converted mine to 2200 2s lipo. The leads require swapping over as the polarity is wrong, but once done works fine. You will have to remove the battery for charging, don`t use the tx plug. Paul

Edited By Chris Bott - Moderator on 25/12/2012 14:04:51

• 1 year later...

Hi I know that this is an old post but I am going to order this from ebay and am going to resolder the lead from my orginal battery in my aurora 9. The other way is to fiot a new plug like the above post are doing with a plug from hobbyking. These plugs will work if you read the post but they are a shorter plug. You also have to switch the pins around because neg is pos on the aurora. You could just use the leads has they are and heat shrink the wires i.r use black on read and red on black. This is a better way of swapping the leads than messing around with the connector it self.

Me am going to use my orginal lead and solder the wires and cover with heat shrink.

Chris

Edited By Pete B - Moderator on 27/12/2013 10:04:26