Hanger 9 or Seagull

Mac Duberia

Advert

Both are very good and on a par with each other for the newer kits. There's probably not much in it really, both fly really well - the best flying plane i had was a Seagull Edge 540 V2 60 sized. The Seagull may be a bit strurdier than H9, but that depends on the kit. The later H9 stuff (my Corsair 50) is very well built with no flimsy open structure bits like, for example their Pulse XT40.

I would say the only difference is price and parts availability, for most kits. There are differences in useability (i.e fiddleness of setting up at the field) between models such as the Piper Cub that both manufacturers sell, but the latest Christian Eagle that both offer I suspect will very similar, albeit it slightly different sized.

We can probably add a bit more if we know which kit you're temepted by.

Chris

I had a good look at the Hangar 9 Christian Eagle at their stand at the Cosford LMS earlier in the year and was very impressed with what I saw. It has a wing transport frame allowing the removal of the wing without the need to remove the aileron linkage and the interplan strut between the top and bottom wings.

Nev.