Sterling Rimfire

Thanks to Tony Bennett’s’ thread on the Lancer , it reminded me the Rimfire a smaller aerobatic model with the same level of pre- fabrication of die cut parts and spindle moulded blocks for the top of the fuselage (think Veron ) I remember lusting after one that was on the top self of Concord Models in Aldershot in the late ‘70’s but sadly never had the funds to buy it , anyone remember it or have one ,or better still have a plan ??

ge95825.jpg

vt57821.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I built one here in Canada in 1973. That thing went like STINK ! I remember wondering if I was going to succeed in landing the thing the first time, having flown only a Frog Jackdaw up to that time. If anyone has the plans I will gladly buy a set off you.

Edited By Chris Bott - Moderator on 13/01/2013 09:35:13

Yes sir - I have them in digital form. I recently printed them down on my little HP Jet printer (52 8.5x11 pages !) and stuck them all together. The engineering office near here was closed and I couldn't wait. I'll send them to your email address (3 pdf files). I am well into the construction and its going good, wing and body roughed out. Will install the same ole Enya .29 RC eng that I had in my first RimFire back in 1972. All wing ribs and all other parts outlines are on one sheet in full size. Enjoy, and keep me posted on your progress !