Wot4 Foam-E noisy servos !

Advert

Thanks for that Stuart.

MMmmmm - the servos are probably standard and they make the same noise when not connected to the linkages - perhaps I'll buy some better quality ones !

Harlequin is still sat in the corner CS -partly covered - perhaps this week will see it completed !!!! Winter household tasks taking up my time at the moment so that Spring and Summer will be free for flying smiley

Are you sure thet you've got them plugged in the right way into the receiver. They're not the best servo's in the world. Stipped the gears on my Wot-E, so I changed them for ones with metal gears at a cost of £20 from my LMS. When all said & done the Foam -E is a fantastic load of fun for the money.

A "crackling sound" is a bit usual! Digital servos hum, or buzz, around neutral - but I wouldn't describe it as a crackling sound. But these are very unlikely to be digital anyway.

Also the fact that they do it with the linkage disconnected - I assume disconnected at the servo end? - is also suspicious. They simply shouldn't do that! Do they jitter whilst making this noise? Does the niose stop if you press down on the top of the servo arm or put some load on the servo via your finger?

Personally, I'd have them out and a good looking at on the bench before I trusted a model to them.

BEB

Mine were fairly noisy. If you do change them, be careful. On my fairly early foamy, the aileron servos were connected to an extension lead buried in the wing. If you try to pull the servo wire through, they will probably unplug. Changing a wing servo is a bit of a fiddle.