MicroWarbirds P51 and FW190 - Ton's build blog and chat

Ton van Munsteren

Advert

hi Ton

Thanks for the build I have built one but do not know how to do the covering of the plane please advise having problems on roll down still cant come right how do you fix the wing section to the body.

thanks

Edwin

Edited By Chris Bott - Moderator on 28/04/2014 14:01:29

Posted by Ton van Munsteren

I do hope you like your MicroWarbird as much as I do

Ton

Brilliant little warbirds, im gonna make one my next build........ How would you describe the handling?

Can i ask , what is the yellow plane is this pic?

is it an old avanti?

kk

Hi KK,

Thanks and looking forward to your build.

Well what can I say about the handling which I think is great, its not trainer model but if you can fly models safely the Microwarbird would be no problem. With low setting on the elevator and aileron it is just nice and easy, but at full rate its like a Tiger and even strong winds is no problem and great fun

Sure you can ask its no Avanti, the yellow model is an 15 year old Midwest Starduster which is a great model to throw around. Also a great model on floats.

Cheers

Ton

• 4 weeks later...

well got the parts cut, il probably go with a 1/4" square balsa LE sanded round since i dont hve any dowel. might sheet abit of the wing with 1mm balsa for added strength, im planning to do the to the centre section anyway because the CA on covering doesnt give me alot of confidence, even on this small aircraft.

Bernard,

Great youve got the parts cut , Iam looking forward to some build pics.

Adding strength with 1mm balsa sheeting of the wing is not needed at all.

It only ads weight to the model and the model is more than strong enough.

Ca on Covering works perfect for the MicroWard, some of my older Microwarbirds are

10 years old and the Ca with covering still sits perfect.

Cheers

Ton

just thinking, i got a spare setup for a hobbyking funfighter, with a few mods space wise it will fit, how much extra weight could this airframe take you guys reckon? i can run it on a 2s or bump it up to 4s also (the 2s batteries are then enough to go in series. they are 1300mah 2s lipos, i think the motor is 1950kv, 40a speedie (needs it on a 4s set up) a 5.5x4" prop? i just have them laying around and theres a warbird weekend on at the club in 5 days (lhs has nothing to suit and local warehouse for hk will probably take too long)

I'd also considered the FF power set as I had one spare from my downed Rare Bear. I went instead for a 37g 1800kv motor and 1000 mAh 3s set up. Fast enough for me as I still have a Sea Fury FF and I think you will have a job trying to balance her unless you can move the lipo/s back part beneath the canopy

Andy

• 2 weeks later...