emails AGAIN

Tim Mackey

Advert

part of the reason i didnt continue posting was the Bliddy emails i was getting,
do i need the emails NO !!
do i want the emails NO
so if i dont need or want something why am i sent them !
i want to support the forum in anyway possible with build threads Pics ideas and learn from other members but it was good not to online to 20 emails to the RCM&E forum !!
its early days and good things come from feedback and ideas

Ray

Hi Depron,

In short, your choice of if you want mail notification is set on a per thread basis. If you click on the link to disable forum notifications then it will turn them off for that thread only. You can from your my forum page see which threads you are signed up for and which ones you aren't signed up for, also from here you can remove threads that you don't want to be signed up for.

There is a tick box underneath every box in which you post a message that asks if you wante email notification sent to you. By default this is preticked so when you submit a post to a new thread you will be signed up to forum notifications. However there is another setting on your my forum to choose to have this default to not preticked.

To cut a long story short(er) i've removed you from all forum notifications and I've set your default so that if you post in a thread you won't get forum notifications. From now on unless you actively choose to have forum notifcations turned on for any threads you won't receive anymore. Hope this helps you.

Timbo,

There were problems in the past without a doubt, but those problems have been ironed out and the effect of them was for everyone. Every other time you reported a problem it was a problem for everyone, this time I was getting my mails as were other people. I'm not sure what the problem was, maybe our mail server was unable to contact your mail server or something but please do keep us informed if you have any further problems.

Hope this helps everyone.