Waiting to maiden?

Nev Haycox

Habu 32 took it today but wind in wrong direction and would of required taking off towards pits NO NO.

Was a tad too gusty as well, must of been 20-30 mph at times so had one flight with habu 2 (took off with side wind when gusts stopped for a minute or so) which was an experience (blowing all over) was fighting with it for 5 minutes but got it down safely without any damage.

met office got it wrong today was a bit gutted i couldn't do maiden and only one flight, normally get ten flights.

Here's hoping weather improves soon ..

Advert

Yay! It Flies! Retrimed, but c of g still too far forward, so I stuck a screw driver up it's bum! Stable and controlable, but still marginal powerwise, nothing in reserve. I have to rush into the city now to start my working week, but will chuck a smaller, coarser prop on, shift some radio gear around to rebalance and fly it some more at the weekend...smiley

I have a VQ Hurricane, just needs noseweight for balance which I will add today hopefuly. But it won't get a maiden until I'm really sure I can be in with a chance, could be agesfrown (see VQ Hurricane build)

I also have a Mresserschmitt 110 with twin SC52s but alas I still think thats a very long time away. (see 71" messerschmitt)

I also have the Dick Dastardly but have recently placed its engine back in my trainer as I need more stick time. (see Dick Dastardly)

Riverlandgirl Wow, I love some of the designs that you come up with your latest is fantastic well done

UMM

Posted by Kevin Fairgrieve on 16/02/2013 18:48:58:

A scaled up Mini Jazz to a Maxi Jazz

A Chorus Gull.

And a Hooby King Mitsubishi Zero.

Kev

As the weather was so nice this afternoon, I took a trip to the shed and had a good clearout.

Took some pictures of my to do Maidens aswell.smiley

"Maxi Jazz" a 100% enlargement from the RCME plan of the Mini Jazz.

p2191143.jpg

p2191147.jpg

Chorus Gull from the RCME plan.

p2191153.jpg

p2191152.jpg

And finally the Hobby King ARTF Mitsubishi Zero.

p2191138.jpg

p2191141.jpg

The Maxi Jazz is 100% ready to go. Just need to swap the spinner for a red one.

The Chorus Gull just needs some "Bling" decals. Decided not to go with G-AEXF. It is after all "Sport Scale". The all over white gives me a blank canvas.

The Zero is ready to go apart from a few decals and to modify the electric retract installation.

Kev

Edited By Kevin Fairgrieve on 19/02/2013 16:13:56