Antics online / WOT 4 MkII E (balsa)

I've had a bit of a spending frenzy this week and decided to replace my much used & abused WOT 4 Foam-E (one crash too many). I decided best to go for balsa version this time and transfer my accumulated bits.

Then found that the reason the balsa version has been so cheap is that it is being discontinued and not that easy to buy. I eventually used Antics online and have had exceptional service. The model was £78 with free delivery (orders over £75 free). The delivery time was 23 hours!!!!!

Having received the model, I am very pleased with the quality and look forward to getting it completed and in the air. Surprisingly, there is no mention of the C of G error in the manual which still states 70mm.

Advert

Hi M --- Ripmax advised some motor which was expensive so I searched around and found a similar rated motor at 400 watts Fusion Logic and went for a 50Amp plus ecs using 2700 lipos I have plenty 8 mins flights per battery  with power to spare no lead required

Edited By RC Plane Flyer on 08/03/2013 08:38:09

RC PF - it will be interesting to see if I need lead or not - I assume you went for 90mm C of G?

I didn't go with the motor they recommend either - too expensive so have gone for an EMAX BL2820/07 which should be plenty of power and good price.

Had first 2 flights this morning. Bit breezy for me so not sure what was down to me, the model and the wind!

All Ok but seemed a lot more lively than the foam-E, perhaps because I've got a 900W motor in it! Inclined to climb even though CofG was around 90mm. Seemed to float a lot on landing - even into the wind.

All in all very promising, just need to get used to it. Now need to consider balancing, prop size (11x7APC currently) and downthrust??

Any advice welcome

Martin