My anniversary

My log book tells me that tomorrow will be the anniversary of the first flying lesson I had.

It doesn't look like I'll get to fly tomorrow, so it looks as though I won't make it to 100 flights.

My final flight today was no. 97, and took me to just under 12 hours flight time.

I hope that the weather is kinder this year, hopefully we'll all get a bit more time in!

Richard, I guess that means longer flights, and fewer chances to mess up the landings!

No buddy box here, but a couple of swift hand-overs, especially with a glitchy radio in the first few days...

I can expand;

36 flights on the Eflite Apprentice, one new motor and prop due to flat tx batteries embarrassed

Average current draw around 8A on 3s. I don't fly this one much now, in fact, just the once to prove the new motor.

8 flights on the BH Chipmunk, slight undercarriage repairs suggested something tougher would be better for a learner, after flight no. 4 last May. I've just restarted flying this, I'm still a little nervous landing this one, and have just moved the cg forward a fraction, hopefully it'll be a little smoother on the elevator now, or maybe I need to calm myself down a bit. Average current draw around 22A on 4s.

53 flights on the Acrowot ARTF, 4 sets of nylon undercarriage bolts, and one rudder servo stripped stalling on a too slow approach. Average current draw around 17A on 4s.

On a slightly different subject, what do you chaps log?

Mine is

date, model, duration, battery pack, start %, end %, capacity used to recharge, average current during flight, any damage.

Posted by Gordon Bushell on 10/03/2013 21:49:17:

On a slightly different subject, what do you chaps log?

Mine is

date, model, duration, battery pack, start %, end %, capacity used to recharge, average current during flight, any damage.

Until quite recently I've never logged anything! Which is a shame really as it would be quite interesting to look back over exactly what I've flown in the past 20+ years!

But I downloaded RC Log onto my Android phone last year with the idea that it may be useful to keep track of the batteries I was using on my electric models. A 'side effect' of using it is that the (electric) flights get logged too!

So I know that my most recent electric model - a Sebart Katana 30e - has had 33 flights totalling 3hrs 20mins since it first flew in early December. Hopefully it will go on to do many more.

Prior to that, my Pushycat(s) had 17 flights totalling 2hrs 7 mins. I put the (s) after the name as the first Pushycat had a mid-air on its 10th flight. A new one was built incorporating a (very) small number of parts from the original that survived the impact. That one then suffered a structural failure in a power-on dive and the remains are sitting in the corner waiting for me to summon up the enthusiasm for a complete rebuild! These latter facts are not logged in RC Log - just in my head!

Hi Gordon, I log much the same info as you, usually including wind speed, direction and a comment about what sort of landings I got away with. What is NOT written down are triffling things like over flying the flightline or hearing other pilots yelling "duck" when their models are well away over the far side of the strip.

Cheers Richard