AR6000 binding probllems

Mike Gunn

Hi all

I have just bought 2 used ar6000 receivers hoping to use them with my Dx7s and cannot get them to bind. I have read reports on the net that say these receivers may not work with the newer Dsmx transmitters, so tried my Dx6i which would not bind either. I'm unsure whether my 6i is DSM2 or DSMX so I dragged out an old LP5DSM transmitter and guess what....that too will not bind with either receiver. It is badged as DSM2

Am I looking at an incompatibility problem or are both receivers faulty, which seems unlikely? I thought that the DSM receivers were compatible with DSM2 at least. Both receivers fast flash orange when the bind plug and power are connected and I am going through the same process as I do with all my other receivers.

cheers....Mike

Advert

Hiya

Thanks for getting back. I had just remembered I still had 1 more transmitter to try, it came with a small blade heli that I bought. Tried that and they both bind ok even though the little transmitter is marked as DSM2 as well

The receivers are the old style AR6000 park flyer types and as you say are DSM.I have loads of others both orangerx and Spektrum and they are all fine. It would appear though that they work with some types of DSM2 transmitters as the little £5 one seems to be fine. I should have done more research before buying them.

Ho hum....guess they will have to go to the flea bay.....lol

Thanks....Mike

As far as I am aware, the Dx7s being DSMX is not compatible with DSM receivers. The Dx6i, if it is DSM2, should bind with the AR6000. If it has been upgraded to DSMX, it won't work with the AR6000.

Your Dx6i should have the appropriate badging near the screen.

It might help with binding if you make sure the Rx is a metre or further from the Tx.

Pete