Balancing an Hanger 9 Mustang 40 ARF

I am putting together this plane with the electric option suggested by the makers. When I try to balance to the correct COG I am finding that it requires 1lb 1oz . I was wondering if Nigel Hawes idea of using two Lipos might work? The Lipo I have for it is an Overlander 4s 3900mah 25c . I would be pleased if any one has any thoughts or suggestions

Advert

Thats a lot church roof to balance at the CofG. Have you got the rx battery and far forward as possible.

Are you using the power 46 and which esc.

The recommended Center of Gravity (CG) location for the model is 33/4-inch (95mm) behind the leading edge of th ewing against the fuselage. The CG range for your model is31/2 to 37/8 inches (89mm to 98mm) from the leading edge ofthe wing.

Is it this plane Here.

Mike

Edited By MikeS on 14/04/2013 17:53:08

Wow! David are you sure about that? That's an awful lot of extra weight for a model that size. Hanger 9 are generally pretty good at recommended conversions and CoG usually come out OK - or at least a lot better than that!

This extra pound weight where are you putting it? Obviously if you must add weight then getting it as far forward as possible is the name of the game.

When you are determining the CoG how are doing it? Are you inverting the model and do you have some accurate stands - not just your finger tips?

BEB

Edited By Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 14/04/2013 20:56:47