Twinstar prop size?

My suggested set up would probably pull sub 20A with a 7X4 prop, so about 200W each motor on a 3s LiPo. I would guess that the Twinstar would be almost ballistic on that compared with your brushed set up. You could try 8x4 props instead but you might need 30A ESCs. Alternatively a lower Kv motor might be more efficient but would need a larger prop and I don't know how much clearance you have between the props and the Fuz.

Advert

Hmm, spend cheap, spend twice. i "think" the last crash wasn't down to the controller now, the Rx is suspect when flying head on to the Tx. Confession time, I used an Orange Rx with my Spekrum radio embarrassed
It range checked okay at 6, 3 & 12 o'clock (I start at the front & walk around to the back at 30m) BUT walking towards the Twink from the head on / 2 o'clock position caused the Rx to drop out!! Found out today with a very short flight, took off fine, turned down wind towards myself & sprialed in with no control. Just fitted a new Spektrum Rx I have & will do some carefull range checking tomorrow after work

Near miss with a tree on the way in! Glad my twin star found some long grass

Edited By Steve_Wright on 29/04/2013 22:46:52

Sorry I never got back on the issue of my Twinstar speed controller. There is no make stamped on it and I have no recollection of the manufacturer. My motors which are replacements, are brushed 400's which are the same type as the originals, so mine have not been upgraded.

I was surprised at the cost of the Twinstar brush-less upgrade. There would seem to be a number of cheaper options.

MJE

Mike, yes the MPX BL motor 'Power Sets', as they call them, are eye wateringly expensive. No doubt very good quality but not great value in my view. See my previous post. Two motors and ESCs for £29 plus postage from Hobby King or alternatively get the XP 2836 1100kv motors if you have enough prop clearance on the Twinstar. What dia prop can you fit without it striking the Fuz?