Slipstream sbach 30cc

Advert

Not got one yet but working on it! I do have a couple of petrol powered planes. I hear that they fly very well. Should have plenty of power with the jc 28. Similar to (if not the same as) the goldwing one and one marketed by YT. Have you flown anything similar?

Andy

Posted by woody on 04/05/2013 13:53:36:

I have the goldwing sbach with a jc 30 evo and it flys really well plenty of power,

make sure you get the cg right because they are short you may need some weight up front!

Cheers woody.

Hi Woody as i didn't get a manual with the sbach i'll set it up with c of g at the wing tube and go from there. The plane i bought has only been flown a handful of times and not at all in the last year and the engine still needs running in a bit. I think i got a good buy at £280 all in.

• 1 month later...

Took the sbach out for a few flights last night had great fun doing some high g aero's. Had the servo arm for the left elevator come off on the last flight but made one of the smoothest landings ever. Packing up, taking the wings off and noticed i had bent the wing tube!. Carbon copy replacement on order.

Edited By Mark a on 26/06/2013 16:15:56

Edited By Mark a on 26/06/2013 16:16:23

• 2 years later...

Looking back in my records , Johnny, my Goldwing 30cc Sbach which is dimensionally similar to the SlipStream, flew with ailerons at 45%, Elevator 40% and rudder 50% throws as set at the TX (no expo though). I just had to sell it last year to make space in the hanger for my 50cc jobs, but it flew very, very well. One word about SlipStream airframes however, and this occurred on both my 50cc SlipStream Sbachs, do check the alignment of the elevator halves as they were out of kilter when "centred". On both I had to remove and realign the elevator halves to get them to centre correctly. Best of luck with your new toy!

Edited By Adrian Smith 1 on 18/06/2016 13:23:22

Has this ever happened to you folks? You make an effort to answer somebody's question and then zilch…. no feedback as to whether the info was of use or not. Sometimes I think why do I bother? I know I still will because I would hope somebody will help me and I will have to the courtesy to reply. I don't want thanks particularly, I just want to know that the info was useful. Sorry, rant over.