question about my ESC

Advert

Unfortunately the shop won't refund me. Before i sell it on eBay, any chance someone could give me their opinion on whether the Futaba reciever is a safer receiver to be using than the TFR8? If there is less chance of inteference/signal loss etc then I'll just stick with the Futaba and have the TFR8 as a spare.

Oh btw here is a video of my first flight with my addiction, thought it went rather well...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfbdmZfmsbg

Edited By Brent Mills on 20/05/2013 14:38:43

We'll be awaiting video of your maiden then, Brent......teeth 2

Taking the positives from this thread - and there's a lot of other useful info here - the most important lesson for us all is a reminder to RTFM........smile

Very pleased to see you've corrected your feedback for the Rx - not everyone would bother - don't forget the servos!......wink 2

Pete

Can you tell us all how you switch to low speed on the TFR8 in case any of us encounter this at the flightline with somebody who didnt bring the instructions with him?

I would say your shopkeeper was pretty short sighted if he didnt give you a refund ( a credit note would be fair both ways) because it's his lack of knowledge of the TFR8 that caused you to replace with Futaba. OK if he does not sell or recommend TFR8 he probably might not know there is a high / low setting but then he cannot expect you to know! It would have been good customer relations to refund if he sold you something you didnt need which was returned in perfect condition. Will you go back to that shop now?

Posted by Pete B - Moderator on 20/05/2013 15:28:55:

Very pleased to see you've corrected your feedback for the Rx - not everyone would bother - don't forget the servos!......wink 2

Pete

Pete I won't be changing my feedback on the servos as they were still terrible even with the new futaba receiver. Even the one that worked ok, had very jerky movements compared to the 'New Power' servos I got. (but then again, I paid double for them so you get what you pay for)

@ kc, the shop have actually offered me a credit note for the futaba receiver, so I'm not too sore with them although I may just prefer the cash in hand and sell it.

Ah, understood, Brentthumbs up

I do find with the cheaper servos that they either work or they don't but I've never had an 80% failure rate, so you must have caught them on a particularly bad day.

Mind you, at a couple of quid a pop, do we expect too much sometimes?

Pete

Credit note seems fair although a refund would hve been better! Rather than lose a lot of money selling the Futaba why not get a credit note and see if one of your clubmates wants to buy something from the shop and purchase it for him via the credit note?