Hangar 9 bf109-F

Steve_Wright

Got my hands on one off ebay cheap enough to be able to get some retracts aswell for less then the RRP of the kit

Done nothing except look in the box so far. Got a slight chip in the cowl paint otherwise looks good. Retracts will be coming from ebay USA so will build with the (very sturdy looking) fixed cart for now. Need to get down to the LMS for some servos this week.

Box states a .60 2st or 1.25 4st (!!?), seems a bit ott on the 4st front if a .60 2st will power it. Anyway have a .91 OS surpass I will try first off, if it struggles I will go 1.20 OS surpass (seems very light for a 1.20 to me)

Edited By Steve_Wright on 14/05/2013 20:23:37

Advert

Something is really bugging me about this model, the tail wheel!

Looks like this:

rather than:

Just seems very lazy placing it where they have. Going to look it there is a way of fitting a more scale like wheel in the correct place, even if it doesn't retract.

• 4 weeks later...
Posted by Steve_Wright on 13/06/2013 17:48:22:

Off to Weston this weekend with a shopping list for servos & leads for the 109! Might be some progress then!

Was going myself on the Sunday to see if I could bag a bargain but the weathers put me off ,don't fancy standing around in rain.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've very nearly finished mine. I'm really impressed with the build quality. I moved the tail wheel back one former, not too difficult. I just had to cut another access hatch behind the existing one and reinforce the last former to provide support.

Can't seem to insert a picture but its on my album H9 BF 109.

Hello Tim,

The revised rear wheel looks so much better . I'll be doing same as you have. Many thanks on that.

I've sent you a PM - appreciate your help if you've had similar issue. I'm fitting the E-flite 60 into mine so will see how that performs. (Steve ignore my message - I will PM Tim)

Shame about the lack of pilot in the kit!

• 2 weeks later...