Servo Safety Clips

Advert

Posted by Ben B on 25/05/2013 14:28:44:
Dental floss works perfectly. Slip it between the wires one the socket and also on the plug and tie a knot. Strong, cheap and lasts.

I totally agree. If I'm joining plugs and sockets to form a permanent fixture I will use, as you say, either floss or cotton thread.
However I have found these clips are fairly easy to put on and take off, so for connecting/disconnecting aileron or flap leads for each flight they can be quite handy.

I used to get them from the independent model shops before finding them on eBay for less. There's a store called modelaccessoriesuk2010 that does ten for £2.75 posted and in a range of colours. I've bought quite a few things from them.

There's also another option - heat shrink tubing. I was going to use some servo locks yesterday only to find that they wouldn't fit through the holes in the fuselage. So, I've ordered a metre of clear 10mm heat shrink tubing from eBay which will hold the connectors together without adding so much bulk.

A very quick and easy option is to tie the two leads with a half granny knot the plug the the leads together. any pull on the leads simply pulls them tighter together . If this join needs to be buried in the model then belt and brace it with some heat shrink, better still hard wire a longer lead to the servo.