Sig Astro Hog

I used aliphatic glue on all laminations and where plywood is at least one of the contacts. I used medium CA for mounting the ribs to the spars. the bottom spar wasn't very straight but I forced it in position with the pins. I hope it won't have a negative affect and it likes its new position.

Edited By Sigh on 04/10/2013 16:44:46

Advert

So mine won't look odd. Left wing panel is also glued, the trailing edge bottop pieces are not glued yet. I have a question friends. I have futaba s3152 servos to install to my hog. But i don't want to cut into the root rib to install the servo. Hs82mg from hitec is what i am considering to install. I'll install two hs82 without cutting the root rib. Hs82 when compared with the s3152 is half the torque but since I'm going to install one for each aileron it may suffice. What do you think? Would it be ok to install hs82

when I was searching the web for other astro hog builds, I came across this build where the builder used a four stroke engine. he had posted the following picture and as you will see there is either a pipe or a wire reaching the muffler output. I didn't understand why this was done. the blog was an old one and I didn't want to start the discussion again. do you guys know what is this and why this is there?

xv63677.jpg

I was thinking I should be deciding my covering, I wish I could do what sig suggests but I won't be able to find it here. I have two options one is solarfilm and the other is oracover. I have used cheap stuff before but for this build I would like to use a better quality film. which one do you suggest

Yesterday i was too tired and had only about 30 minutes. I installed 5mm balsa block to connect w1 to the first w2 to better fix the dihedral brace. This block will make a pocket at the position where the dihedral brace will be inserted. I need to produce a new dihedral brace out of 3mm plywood. I'll post a picture soon

Posted by Sigh on 08/10/2013 16:47:07:

I was thinking I should be deciding my covering, I wish I could do what sig suggests but I won't be able to find it here. I have two options one is solarfilm and the other is oracover. I have used cheap stuff before but for this build I would like to use a better quality film. which one do you suggest

Oracover every time. Its stronger than Solarfilm and much more hardwearing and importantly seems (for me) to stick down better than Solarfilm.

If you want an authentic feel you could try SolarTex though. I quite like that.

Martyn

Oracover it is. Red white and black and white checkerboard. you know what; i started to have cold feet about my dihedral decision. Sig made it 12 degrees total. I made it 6 degrees total. I actually copied it from my electric low wing model. I need somebody to encourage this mod.

I checked the dihedral it seemed nice to me. I don't have a photo of it because the root rib wasn't strong at that time so I needed to hold the wings together. BTW the root rib angles are a little different I hope you guys can suggest a way to fix that. This night I covered and planked the left wing. landing gear block caused some problems because I forgot and covered the wing top first. I beefed up the block as Andy suggested but it was hard because of the cover at the top. unfortunately I am not very happy with this job. I wish I had a spare wing. the tip also was not easy to glue because the manual instructs to glue after water is applied and after the other ribs are glued. I used PVA except the leading edge part to sand easier. but the tip is PVA it will be very hard to sand it. thinking

I am also posting the plane my daughter and I had built this evening

20131014_010707.jpg

20131014_010818.jpg

20131014_010701.jpg

20131013_194503.jpg