Parkzone UMX AS3X P-51 Mustang

Advert

• 1 month later...

I got one of these as a BNF from Merlin at Wings & Wheels. Only got round to flying it a few days ago and it's great! I got the original UMX Mustang a few years ago and flew it quite a lot. The new one is a real improvement in looks and flying. AS3X makes it fly as if 'on rails', even I'm confident enough with it to fly really low passes and circuits. It will loop and fly inverted ok, with some down elevator. I have the T28 as well so now that's 3 UMX models and they all fly well but the new Mustang is best of all. It's reasonably fast for its size so I keep it close because I'm not sure how much range the receiver has, where we fly has high crops at the moment and I'd never find anything as small as a UMX Mustang if it came down. I've been reading worrying reports on the RC GRoups forum about UMX motors failing. Some of those guys fly with 2S though...Mine's ok so far with 1C, and the motors in my other 2 UMX models havent failed yet. I've not flown a UMX Spitfire or P40 so can't compare but RC Group forumites seem to prefer the P51 Mustang.

I brough one but the aileron servo pack up after only 5 flights,beginning to think theses ultra micro are a bit fragile reguarding the radio gear Yes I know Horizon Hobbies are good and would most probably replace the serv but once I have paid to have it sent back it not worth it.I have had a lot of problems with the serv going or the motors packing up . Lost interest in them now