SIAI Marchetti SF-260 balsa kit

John Hickson

Advert

There is this one...

We have one in the loft built, complete apart from engine and in need of some tlc - [well I am pretty sure that it is this kit] It flew fairly well actually - on an SC52. It was very nice to land. My son bought it and has been using the engine that came with it in another plane.

He might part with it quite cheaply if you were interested. He likes to prop hang, so its not really his cup of tea!

Yes he will part with it. I'm busy today - but I'll try and get it down and post you some pictures. It's not bad - the cowl is not great - but I see a new one was £16 and if I was going to put some time into it myself, I'd probably drop in some electric retracts - its got fixed UC at present, and maybe rebuild the fire wall area - which we patched. It would be well worth fixing up, and could even be glassed I would have thought - it's in film at present..

John... Here is a picture of the SIAI... No obligation whatsoever. It is tatty but flyable with one small fix... or it could be a project... How would £40 for the airframe - £50 if you want the servos too sound?

There are more pictures in the album called "SAIA Marchetti" on my profile.

p1010244.jpg

Foam wings with Futaba 148's are OK. - Both the torque blocks in the wings for the UC could do with replacing. On one the hole is loose, the other block is loose.

When we got it, we beefed up the fire wall area with scraps of ply and foaming PU glue. It's pretty solid, but if I were going to make the airframe a winter project, I would replace the Main firewall with 6mm ply and beef up what would be the F2 former a little.

The cowl has been cut very enthusiastically in the past! - and is filthy - its been sat in the corner of the shed for two years!

I mentioned glassing it - I notice that there is some open frame in the rear of the fuselage - but then it has been nose heavy so that might not be an insurmountable problem.

The canopy looks to be screwed on.. so removing it for a refurb and some scale detail might be possible.

If you are interested - geography might be an issue! - We are in Grimsby. If you wanted it - but were willing to wait, We plan to go to the Nats... and probably Elvington on the Saturday. There is a possibility that a club mate might take it to Cosford for me. And I am in E London next week if that were to help

As I said, - no obligation at all - I know some folk would rather start from scratch - others might be interested in a project.

PM me if you have Q's or are interested.

Edited By GrahamC on 21/06/2013 11:45:59