E-Flite Fokker D VII, anyone 'built' one

Martin Whybrow

I'm putting together an E_Flite Fokker D VII that I won in our club's Christmas raffle; just about to fit the tailplane and spotted the rudder bottom hinge isn't there. Anyone else had this problem? What can I use to replace it (I only have Robart hinges and the hinge strip for larger IC models which seems too stiff to use on this little plane)?

Advert

A clubmate won one of these in a raffle as well and insisted I bought it from him at a very reasonable price!

Mine was missing as well. I just used a small piece of furry hinge material from my stocks.

A word of warning though - mine suffered from early wing failure while recovering from a failed attempt at a roll when it fell out of it and the wings folded during the recovery - Horizon were brilliant about it though - I queried the flight limitations with them without asking for any recompense as they only advised that it was capable of loops and stall turns in the instructions and they offered to replace it FOC on receipt of some photos. The replacement arrived a day after I emailed the pictures!

I haven't finished assembling it (went on the back-burner) but Im planning to reinforce the wings with some carbon fibre rods on their undersides. If you don't feel like adding reinforcement, do fly it with great care.