Dawn Flyer

Newbee phil

Right here goes....

Due to peer pressure from club members... "It's about time i built summat from a plan" .......

Now then , I realy like this here Dawn Flyer , so I am gonna give it a "balsa bash"...

my question is , could it be converted to ic? I was thinking of a vintage diesel engine? .... It's not that i am against electric , it's just i like engines rather than motors.....

any help would be greatley appreciated.....

cheers Phil

Advert

Of course it could be converted to ic but it's easier to find a plan already made for ic.

Otherwise you have to make a new bulkhead further back and of 1/4 ply and make space for a fuel tank, throttle servo etc. Maybe reinforce the sides to withstand vibration. Weight distribution has to be considered, clearance for silencer, access to needle valve etc. Easier to wait a week & buy next months RCME which is expected to have Peter Miller's Swamp Rat design (I think ) but of course it's a different style of model.

I'm thinking I could mount a vintage diesel upside down? , as for the swamp rat ,nah not for me , i dont usualy like aircraft from before the 40's or later than the 50's , but i do find this "dawn patrol" a very quirky pretty aircraft (I think its the half coverd fuz) ..... If i cant ic it , i will stick with batttery power and use it as a park flyer....

Phil

• 2 months later...