Advert

You can spray it undiluted through a touch up gun. I find I have to unclog the nozzle every now and then, but it does work.

I would say that it's not completely fuel proof when sprayed, or maybe that its difficult to get a thick enough coat... And you will need a full face mask.

never had to rub my top coat down.

i find the last coat is so light it comes up smooth.

this is done with tissue and polyc.

seal the wood first, then 3 coats od polyc.

paint and finish with 3 more coats.

comes out smooth.

i rub down after the first 3 coats.

then just put light coats on for the last 3.

As someone who spends his work time around vehicle spraying, may I pass on a little advice. The best place to spray any paint is in a properly constucted unit. Spraying may be quicker, but is not as healthy or as efficient as brushing and if you are careful you can get just as good a finish. These days using water based materials I would suggest using a mini roller as an alternative to a brush. Also easier to clean than a spray gun. In a lot of modern bodyshops the primer / filler is now applied by roller. You get an even layer, a lot less waste and you don't have to wear breathing equipment. plus the surrounding area is not also painted.

You would be amazed at the build up of "spraydust" within a car spraybooth over a very short period of time. It's reckoned that up to 25% of the material never lands on the job. When you work out that primer, paint, laquer and hardners cost between £50.00 and £300.00 per litre, that's an awful lot of money wasted if you aren't careful.

I'm about to go down the floor varnish and glasscloth route on an airframe I aquired to rebuild. Having done some reading (mostly on this forum) I have decided to dope the bare wood to seal it and then apply the glasscloth and varnish using a roller. Ok the final finish will be sprayed, but under proper conditions as I care about my health and am very lucky to have the facilities to do so.

In industry spraying related ilness is rapidly becoming the modern "asbestosis".

kevinb. HSE approved painting dept.