Precedent Turbulent electric

AVC

Hello all

This is my first thread in this forum. Beside, I'm almost new on electric stuff, so please, be patient with meangel.

My question is simple: I'm building from scratch a precendent turbulent-druine, which I have modified to make it lighter, so I expect that once finished, the weight will be something around 4-5 kgs (8.8 - 11 pounds) RTF. I want to try electric power with it because of engine size limitation in our flying site, and I wonder whether the below combination could work:

Motor: Turnigy aerodrive SK3 5065-275Kv (**LINK**)

ESC: Turnigy Super Brain 100A (opto) (**LINK**)

Battery: 6S-8S 4.5-5.0 25-35C

I have read somewhere that this motor on 6S and with a 22x10 would deliver 1.7 kW, and on 8s and 20x6, 1.9 Kw, so theoretically it should work, but as I said I have no idea nor experience with electric motors, so any advice will be more than welcome.

Thanks a lot

Alex

Advert

I've very little experience at those sizes, Alejandro, but I fly a 3.2kg Decathlon on on a 385Kv motor and 6S at 1100W and that gives a very acceptable performance, so 1500W on your Turbie should be more than ample.

With a nominal 30V on 8S, propping for 1500W will draw about 50A, so a 120A ESC may be going a bit over the top, but, hey, there's always the throttle, isn't there?teeth 2

If noseweight might be an issue, then the heavier powertrain might help, but my preference is to puit together a system which is enough to fly the aircraft with a bit in hand, but without carrying any more weight than necessary.

Hopefully, someone with 8S+ experience will be along soon....

Pete

Thanks Pete for your reply. Let's see if someone else have experience with these motors and can advise. In any case, I think the 110 should be fine (but I'm not even a rookie in electric power...)

Regards

Alex