Dag 60 plans

Jonathan Buchanan

Advert

Also, I have a 120 4 stroke and a Zenoah 22cc petrol, is nose weight an issue, if it is it would probably rule out the petrol. I have previously had a PT25 and now an Auto G from HK. Surely some one can help me out with a way to build a Dag 60 or similar, eg same size and style. Any help much apreciated. John.

John,

The DAG 60 is a big model and although it is a great flier it is not recommended for beginners, but if you can fly the PT and Auto G it will be no problem. The prototype weighs 9lbs and the rotor span is just over 75" in diameter, the prototype flies on a 91 ASP (could be a SC 91, it's been a long time since I built it).

To save on expensive servos it has a roll only head using a twin servo set up on a y lead , with an elevator controlling pitch like the auto G (they copied my idea!)

I have lost count on the amount of hours this model has flown, but it still gets an airing from time to time. I do prefer to fly it in calm conditions as it is a floater.

Here is some footage of one of its early flights in 2008, brings back memories.

Rich

Thanks for the info and video, it seems to fly great, what are the negatives with roll only on cyclic? the one i can see is not being able to kill the lift on landing in stronger winds and maybe not being able to pull back rotor while taxying to help speed up the rotor. What would be the benefits of main rotor pitch control if i were to suffer the cost of extra strong servos, sorry for all the questions. John.

• 6 years later...
  • 3 months later...