FRsky Telementry Setup

Dennis Mulhair

Hi,

I am having a few problems setting up the FRsky telemetry on my model aircraft. I have checked their website and all software levels seem to be correct. I have tried downloading their manuals but still cannot set the units up correctly. The following are attached to my Futaba FF9 transmitter.

DFT unit fitted to the transmitter, FLD-02 Display, D8R-11 receiver, FSH-01 sensor Hub & FLVS-01 Lipo sensor. Within the aircraft I have a separate NimH battery to power the electronics and servos whilst the 4 cell lipo only powers the motor. The link is in on the A1 port enabling the onboard voltage sensor within the receiver for the NimH battery. Nothing is connected to the other analogue port A2 whilst the Sensor hub is connected to the Rx port.

With the Lipo connected and everything switched on I can see the individual cell voltages for the lipo but I do not know how to set up the alarms. Their documentation shows that there are 6 alarm ports A1-1, A1-2, A2-1 A2-2, RSSI1 & RSSI2. I cannot figure out how these are set up and I do not know how to set up the Volt ratio or if it is relevant to the Analogue port monitoring the NimH battery or the FLVS-01 or not.

Has RCME ever done a review of this equipment and if so could someone tell me which issue so I can read it.

Thanks

Dennis Mulhair

Advert

Hi phil,

Thanks for replying but I am still no further on. I have the required leads to connect my PC to the FRsky kit but do I connect to the display FLD02 as all the instructions as in Hungarian and there is no help within the program.

Also, I have figured out that RSSI is the signal strength so the parameters reccomended by FRsky should be OK But I still dont understand where inputs A1 & A2 are connected to as my Lipo is connected via the FLVS-01 unit and the hub FSH01 to the RS232 port "RX" in the receiver. So, I think (but i could be wrong) that the A1 port is monitoring the NiMh receiver battery as the A1 & X pins are connected by a jumper, and nothing is connected to the A2 port.

So how do I set up an alarm for the Lipo?

Dennis

From memory, in the FLD02 menus where you set the alarms, you should see Alarm Set: A1_1/2, A2_1/2, RSSI_1/2, and AD_MU which is the hub voltage sensor.

The AD_MU option only appears if your FLVS-01 is attached, otherwise its removed from the menu.

I'm a bit hazy as I dropped all the telemetry stuff, too messy. Frsky kit develops so fast its vital that you keep up with current revisions and ideas via the two RCG threads, both of which are regularly visited by Frsky themselves.

**LINK**

and **LINK**

Cheers

Phil