OOPS

john melia 1

Well thats the end of my wildcard , took off as normal and then everything went weird , i think the wind may have tipped a wing and i couldnt recover it in time before it met mother earth , any onwards and upwards , i am now looking for a suitable airframe to transplant the gear from the wildcard to , something for a 52 size engine , not along the lines of the wildcard , but a low winger with good aerobatic capabilities ,and good slow flying characteristics , any ideas ?

Advert

Ooo dear John...thats an Ex-Wilcard (it has ceased to be...)

Any of the Blackhorse "Air" series might be worth a look.....cheap & good flyers.....or there is this if you can manage to get past the ...er...interesting..colour scheme. Rumoured to be a Calamoto & they do fly well...

Acrowot is excellent as BEB says but very neutral stability....most definitely goes where you point it....

I don't want to dampen your enthusiam John - but I would suggest the Zlin is also not a good idea at where I think you are up to at the moment - going previous posts etc. Great aerobatic model - but like most such models it does need a fair amount of experience if its going to give of its best and stay alive!

Steve's point about the AcroWot's very neutral stability is a good one as well - possibly a bit early for you on second thoughts - not really a "second model" if you know what I mean. I think the "Air" series idea is a good one. Certainly aerobatic - but just a tad more user friendly and forgiving - if you know what I mean! wink 2. Nice models - very popular.

BEB

Hi John, My second plane was the B H Renegade and it's a joy to fly, but, I had quite a game getting the horizontal stabilizer horizontal, the landing gear needed beefing up and I found I needed to add a lot of weight to the nose to achieve the correct CoG. Get over these problems and she's a good'en.

Nev.

I fly from farming grazing land and its fine. In my opinion the std u/c carries far too much stress to the fuselage, and I would ditch it for decent carbon fibre u/c - it absorbs the impact on landing much better. I kept needing to repair the mount on mine, and since changing to carbon, no more repairs have been required. Rich

ps Percy, you should get your 125 flying, mines excellent even with the heavy Zenoah (bags of power and vertical performance) so yours should be even better.

Edited By Dickster on 11/08/2013 20:01:52

Beefing up the u/c on the Renegade wasn't overly difficult and I don't recall having to strip any covering off. The major problem I found was the overall weight after adding all that lead to the nose, mine's really quite heavy which makes for faster landings.

I have replace the wheels with larger ones which meant I had to remove the wheel pants, but to be fair. I doubt they would of lasted long anyway on a less than perfect grass strip.

The Renegade has got it's imperfections, get them sorted and she's rock steady and flies really well. I would hate to lose my Renegade, but, would I buy another if I lost this one.......................I guess not.

Nev.