"Multiman" (Roger Pullen)

Back in '82(ish) RCM&E did a plan feature on the above multi-task slope soarer. I thought its shark-like lines were superb, so I bought the plan.

I'm toying (again) with the idea of actually building it, so I wondered if anyone out there had any experience of it, good or bad? (As far as t'internet is concerned, its a bit of a black hole...)

Mike

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I built and flew a Multiman back in the day. Bellcranks and all.
The wing section is dated by todays standards and the performance would not be a scratch on a modern day moulded glider with a four (or six) servo wing.
Of course with more modern servos now you wouldn;t need to do everything bellcrank driven. Smaller servos will fit on every surface and a reasonable transmitter will make short work of the mixing.
nice looking model though. I still have the plan somewhere.

Andy

• 2 years later...

Belated (much!!!) thanks Andy embarrassed. I missed your post (or I'd have acknowledged it sooner), but the airfoil was the one reason that stopped me going ahead with the Multiman build. I couldn't reconcile the section and its camber (way +ve) with the 0-0 setting of the tailplane. Also, a Phase 6 and a Hammer came along in the meantime...

I value the appearance of an aircraft over its outright performance, which is why I was drawn to the Multiman, so I scratched that particular itch by modifying the tail-end of the P6 to replicate it (sort of).

In the hope that you pick up on this post, what section would you recommend for the Multiman?

PS - Apologies to everyone else for resurrecting an old thread!

Edited By Mike T on 21/10/2016 18:08:24