Werewolf

• 2 months later...

I have built a werwolf from a 25%enlarged plan, giving a span of 65 in. Powered by a SC91FS.Weigt comes out at 8 pound. The model is slightly overpowerd but the vertical performance is superb and touch and goes are a joy.Only regret is that I did not fit retracts.Might get round to that one day.

• 8 months later...
  • 8 years later...

Reviving an old thread here. Would like to build one of these. Had a Peter Miller Midget Mustang (the original one from about 2007) and it flew very well using an Enya 30SS. Sadly the plane and the engine came to an early end when it ran out of fuel turning into finals. Werewolf looks like an interesting development of this type.I have a Saito 56 but this might be a bit much for this plane unless it is enlarged say 10%. Any thoughts from those with experience of this plane would be gratefully heard. Sorry for the slab of text for some reason the new line key doesn't seem to work.

Edited By Wasaforumite on 08/09/2017 17:06:58

Peter

Many thanks for your reply. Nice to have the original designer on board.

Looking at the dimensions of my Saito it is about 2cm longer than the engine on the original plan. It looks like I will have to move the firewall back a bit to make room even if the plan is enlarged 10%. This shouldn't be a problem as long as I do some alterations on paper before I start.

The first plane I built wasn't the Midget Mustang but the Lil Mustang. I went to compare the plans and discovered I had mis-remembered.

I loved the look of the Seagull Yak 3 in the recent RCME (July). No chance of you doing a Russian Werewolf version of that is there by any chance?

Thanks, Ian.

Lil MUstang was a completely different model to the Midget MUstang and a lovely model.

Thinking about it possibly 12% enlargment for a 60FS which would give you 652 sq. in area. THis is only 130 sq in more but is sensible. Possibly even a touch more would be nice, going up to 700 sq. in.

I believe in low wing loading and plenty of area. as I always say that my models fly on the wing, not power.

I don't normally use 60s these days.

As a point of interest I have an airspeed system on Werewolf and recorded speeds of over 70 mph.

As regards to the Yak, well these days I tend to fly slower models as my reactions have slowed down

Also RCM&E have two other plans plus a control line plan so it would be quite a while off if I did do it.