Converting Multiplex 3030 and Cockpit SX to 2.4 GHZ

john farrell

I am still flying on 35mhz but am considering the change to 2.4. I like the idea of the Multiplex M Link system but it will simply be too expensive as I will be looking to replace nearly 20 receivers!

A|re there any other conversions units out there for my sets? I hear a lot of good things about some of the budget brand receivers but don't know which system I can get a decent transmitter conversion for.

Any help would be appreciated, as I am still recovering from the change from 27Mhz!

Advert

Hi John. I converted my 3010 to FrSky and flew it for a few years with no problems and only sold it because I managed to get a Profi 4000 which I have converted with Jeti (see Puffin models website). Works well, seems rock solid but the Rx can be a bit pricey. John

Thanks for the replies folks!

I appreciate (Andrew) that the M Link is probably the best and simplest solution especiall as I have 2 3030 transmitters so I can convert bit by bit. Unfortunately it is still a very expensive route. I am very interested in the FrSky system as the receivers are much more sensibly priced.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply - all very useful information.

Hi John , Ive been using an FRsky conversion on my 3010 for some months now. I fitted it to a Space Box I bought of E Bay for and then cut down (I am a thumbs flyer). I use the din plug to connect to the Tx this means that all I have to do to fly 35mhz is remove the Din and remember to fit the aireal!. I have found the FRsky to be 100% reliable and easy to set up and install. Flown it in everything from a 4mVega to a all carbon Caldera with no issues at all and I do alot of flying on what has been some very crowded slopes. I also have M Link on a Royal Evo and have to say that I can decern no difference in radio link. I doubt I will be buying anymore MPX rx's because I cannot justify the price gap.

p8271123.jpg

p8271121.jpg

p8271120.jpg

• 9 months later...

Back again folks! I finally have my Frsky DHT modules.

I have set up one, in a Multiplex 3030, and have wired it into the place where original RF module went. It works but I am getting a lot of "Jittering" on the servos - any ideas why?

I am wondering if it may be better to connect my next module via the DIN socket but I can't find the wiring sequence! Does anybody out there know which pins I need to use?

Thanks again folks.

I should say that initially I thought it might be a screening issue so I set up another DHT module outside my other Multiplex 3030 and had the same result, also the little LED (next to the binding button) flickers after binding.

Thanks for getting back to me and sorry to sound a bit thick but how do you invert the PPM?

Not sure if the mpx trannies have the facility to invert the ppm, if not just use a single-transistor inverter.
It might not be that, its just that some have reported jittering which was cured by switching ppm polarity.
The LED flickering is normal, it follows the incoming PPM.

Cheers
Phil

• 1 year later...

I used a FrSky DiY module mounted in a plastic box which I contrived to screw into the antenna socket (via a wooden dowel) of my Mux3030 and plugged into the DIN socket. By limking 2 of the pins you can disable the 35Mhz output so there's no clash. I used it for a while before I invested in the Taranis transmitters I use now. I keep the Mux3030 as fall back as well as to use with the few 35Mhz IPD equipped models I still have.

Glad you've got it sorted.

Geoff