Pheonix RC flight simulator disk

nigel george

crying 2 can anyone help please,,,,,,,, my son left my sim disk out and his new puppy decide to chew the shiny disk ,,waaaaaaaa,,,,ive got all the bits n bobs but dont want to buy from ebay,,,,too many dogy dealers ,has any one got a spare copy,,nudge nudge or one you dont use any more please,,from reading on the tinter net a copy will do as i can still use my old vaild key,,,please heart wifey also flys it too,,,,,,, broom stick model and needs the practice for halloween ,,,,going to get killed for this vampkulouthinking

Advert

i was told that u cant copy it as it was protected,, wrong info given,,, and did not expect son to take it out of the computer,,, all good plans ect,,, i thought as all seem very friendly on here and as i just bought it 2 weeks ago somone might take pity on me and copy their disk and save me some more money again

Hi, purchased a copy of the Phoenix flight sim last week its a brilliant bit of kit. found it really useful as winter is descending and the weather is a bit grim. When I loaded the programme to my laptop from the disc I just followed the instructions and when i came across options I just selected the 'Recommended' one, now its installed I do not use the disc (keep it in a safe place) just rum from the pc. Have I done something different in the setup? just wondering if I am missing out on some functions by not installing and running from the disc each time.

Posted by Paul Cooper 2 on 21/10/2013 14:33:41:

Hi, purchased a copy of the Phoenix flight sim last week its a brilliant bit of kit. found it really useful as winter is descending and the weather is a bit grim. When I loaded the programme to my laptop from the disc I just followed the instructions and when i came across options I just selected the 'Recommended' one, now its installed I do not use the disc (keep it in a safe place) just rum from the pc. Have I done something different in the setup? just wondering if I am missing out on some functions by not installing and running from the disc each time.

no probably not but i have other programs on the computer that it conflicts with so to use i have to reinstall each time,,i thought mine was safe till woooooof ate it and just been made redundant so now have too look after the pennys

Have a problem updating mine, at start up it tells me there are updates to download but when I try to instal it fails due to some file not having authorisation to access. My pc is about 4 years old running on Vista and the graphics card is none too smart so I think that I am due a new PC soon, see if that fixes it if not looks like an email to Phoenix see if they can help.

have you got any steam run game as it conflicts with programing and graphics card routine, also delta force programing,,it seems the makers of the sim cheated and used many parts of other peoples sub programs to run the graffics,,,,charged a lot for them,,,, so other makers installed a sub routine just to make them use their own,,,,, thats why i had to install and re install..........thumbs down its not you p/c its the compat of the game with other games

sounds like I need the help of a 10 year old computer wiz kid, I always follow the instructions (most of the time) when loading these things so everything is fine if it works if not I am doomed. I think I will try un-installing and reloading the the application see if that fixes it. Best laugh is that I work in IT but at least I retire in January. teeth 2

Nigel - you cannot keep asking on here for people to supply you with a copied disc. Copying the disc and supplying it to someone else is illegal. Please stop asking people to do so

seems strange that you condone this yet you do not condone the free transfer of copy righted drawings and plans by others on this site ?? also other documents that have been copied from other sitesto this site ,,,far more serous than what i asked for,once the disk is bought,you the owner is at right to copy for a non publish use,,,IE you can copy thousands and give them to who ever,,,,the infringement comes illegal on broadcasting or publishing , but you know i was not going to do,,,there are tons of reading you should do as to this,,prs web page would be of help and below

1. Introduction

Copyright law originated in the United Kingdom from a concept of common law; the Statute of Anne 1709. It became statutory with the passing of the Copyright Act 1911. The current act is the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988.

2. Rights covered

The law gives the creators of literary, dramatic, musical, artistic works, sound recordings, broadcasts, films and typographical arrangement of published editions, rights to control the ways in which their material may be used.

The rights cover; broadcast and public performance, copying, adapting, issuing, renting and lending copies to the public.

In many cases, the creator will also have the right to be identified as the author and to object to distortions of his work.

International conventions give protection in most countries, subject to national laws.

3. sorry to be an ass but was my field till a few weeks ago anyway another member has lent me one.

Edited By David Ashby - RCME on 22/10/2013 08:39:07