:-( Not my best day

We were flying off the cliffs at Southerndown, S. Wales for the first time yesterday, winds were light when we arrived but enough for Steve to fly his W.T and me my heavy weight Speedo.

When I say fly. we stooged about.

When the wind picked up a little Steve flew his X-Models Whisper mouldie and I launched my Banana.

I struggled for lift and stalled the darn thing but managed to get it back to the slope edge for a rather abrupt......arrival......crook

Unbelievably no damage at all......

The Hawk is a Stan Yo foam on ply construction and as strong as old boots and rather heavy.....how stupid was I to think there was enough lift......

We live and learn.

The wind picked up again but I kept with the Speedo this time, which was brill.

It was my first time flying over the sea and was a bit nervous to say the least.

Here's a pic of what we flew.

copy of 20131019_114357.jpg

Phil

Had a lousy day m'self last Saturday Phil. Threw my new HK Hawk into a less than stromg N/Easterly over the Pier, and less than a minutes gentle wrestling withe her, she flopped into the Irish sea, and floated for a while, until the tide and large waves thrashed her into the unforgiving rocks of the north shore.

Im annoyed about losing the servos ( savox digitals all round ) as much as anything.crying

Heres my mate Jem on a pevious ( and the only other ) outing.

jem goes pss.jpg

hello big phil-your the same as me-pushing the boundaries/leading from the front etc.......well done......you've nearly qualified to be an honorary member of the hill top posse/cliffs dept.... teeth 2 ....thanks for posting and keeping us in the picture ......

ken Anderson ne..1 ........HTP dept....

PS ........forgot to mention my nickname at one point was ...'rock lobster' ....... there's a vid on the HTP thread ........ crook

Edited By ken anderson. on 21/10/2013 09:22:35