21 cu in engine

Dave Say

Hi can someone please tell me what a 21cu in engine is ? and where i can buy and how much etc  i am a newbee and i need to find  four of this type of engine  because im building the CHRIS GOLDS plan rcm&e 90in wingspan lancaster  can anyone help thank you .. dave

Hi Eric  sorry i never said i wanted to fly it  [ its up to me what I want to build ]  i have been reading [beginners begin here ]  and  i have lots of books about rc aircraft etc... when the time comes for me to do any flying i shall do it through the proper channels ..... there seems to be a lot of people out there trying to tell me what to build  I know what i want to build and im going to do it  i want to be a builder not a flyer .

Good on yer for knowing what you want to do. I doubt very much if anyone is telling you what to build, you are getting the same helpful sensible advice any newbie would get. It is good to know that you possibly plan to go down the sensible route to flying though.

I am sure that you will receive help here as you require and ask for it.

Bob

thanks bob its good to know that there is helpful advice out there  building this lancaster is just somthing i have to do ive been putting it off for more than 25years . my son is also building a spitfire they will look great  when finished.... cheers.

Hi Dave, LISTEN TO WHAT WE ALL SAY .............Go for that big lancaster, and make an incredible job of building it... Of course you'll want to fly it...................BUT ......Internal combustion engines have a habit of stopping. In a four engined aircraft, one engine out means a very difficult situation (probably a big black bin bag job) You could use electric motors (they don't often stop)      PLEASE build a trainer, join a club, and learn to fly. It's difficult, but the most fun you can have with your trousers on.

ernie

Hi Eric,

Yes correct, both the Lancaster I'm building and the spitfire my son is building will be mainly for display. Its just something I have always wanted to do. Being incapacitated from work now has given me something else to concentrate on.

Regards

• 2 weeks later...

Well 21cu in engine , that is BIG  21 x 16.4 = 344.4 cc, I would look in a motor cycle breakers yard !!!!!

forgive me for being blunt but i feel it is a large and complex model to start on.

seriously though your looking for a  0.21cu in often called a '21' or 3.5cc engine . best to get 4 the same and new, need all the help you can get

I shall go and have some nightmares about setting up the engines to all run the same,  I like just one.

best of luck Dave