'keil kraft cub' comp

ken anderson.

Advert

I have just read this on another website dated 2008:

My first model was a KK Cub powered by a Jetex 50c motor. There were two versions shown on the plan, one was just like a smaller version of the Cadet.
The other version had a 'notch' built in under the fuselage where the motor was mounted.
I only ever remember one good flight under power. With two pellets in the motor to give 14 seconds of thrust, my Dad lit the fuse with his cigarette and I launched it to climb gracefully away in a wide arc leaving a thin stream of white smoke from the exhaust, before gliding gently back to Earth.
As an eleven year old this flight was all I had dreamed of from the model. Unfortunately, we never managed it again, what with engine misfires and other mishaps, including inadvertently setting the model alight instead of the engine fuse. This was when I discovered just how inflammable doped tissue is!

MJE-A similar experience to mine!

A response on the same web site from Australia:

Skyjet. Yeah, I had one of those. 
My parents bought me the KK kit for the Jetex 50 I already had. I was very young, maybe 12?, got it built fast, glided it on the field very close to our house, looked good so lit the fuse and away it went, but when it landed it broke the boom....I was mortified, but my Dad fixed it, I guess with balsa cement because that's all we used back then.

Edited By Mike Etheridge 1 on 18/11/2013 20:21:31