'keil kraft cub' comp

ken anderson.

js1.jpgkkc.jpg

I was having a clean out and found an old original kiel kraft plan for a cub glider and the original tissue covering inside of the plan...all in perfect condition..i 've had a word with BEB and he say's its ok to have a comp/bit of fun to win it...post your name -- first out of the hat will have it sent to them in the post.....we'll keep the thread open until Friday evening.......no bad loser's as in the photo.....teeth 2

ken Anderson ne....1 comp of the year dept .

Advert

Nothing stopping us having our own Cub competition.

I suggest a towline length 50 feet

you have 3 flights of (say) 30 seconds maximum duration (from release of towline) (Free flight - no radio!)

If you manage 3x30 then you continue submitting flights in 15 second increments. 45, 60, 75 seconds etc until you fail. You then submit your total time.

Your timekeeper can post your results here (on a new thread) if we are game for that.

I suggest all flights must be completed within the month of April 2014 (time to build, trim and we will have light calm evening then).

Any takers?

Martyn

Edited By Martyn K on 14/11/2013 14:21:53

Too late for me then?!

I remember building the Jetex 50 version of the Cub back in the late 1950's. I thought both the glider and Jetex versions were shown on the same plan, but perhaps I am wrong?

Keil Kraft provided a small amount of asbestos paper to stick behind the Jetex 50 under the fuselage. I can remember sanding the asbestos to ensure a good finish!

The Cub flew successfully on one flight only and did a series of loops before hitting a tree at Duppas Hill Croydon.and that was that!

MJE

Ken,

As per your previous post, I was also brought up with this type of model before progressing into Control Line and then R/C.

I have in fact built the KK Cub along with the Invader, Dolphin and Conquest. Also built many of KK'S rubber powered range. The largest of mine was the KK Senator.

I have fond memories of many happy hours spent building and flying these.

Mark

yes - those were day's mike....when we had to build "super light" to get our creation's airborne ......we were reminiscing about the good old keil kraft kits when you had to cut out all the 1/16" formers for the fuz of a spit or hurricane...from some of the hardest balsa known to man..........with an old razor blade! ........then cover/dope it.......and then hope that it would at least leave terra firma for more than 5-10 second's......which they rarely did......... but it was all in the name of Fun..............

ken Anderson.......ne...1 Keil Kraft hardwood dept.........