Hawker Hurricane

jason

Advert

If you want a cheap jet have a look at the Phase 3 EF16, although an F16 and not a Hawk, it will fly for 6 - 7 minutes on a 3s1p 2200 pack and you get a ESC, Motor & Fan in the kit, just needs two 8g servos to finish, about £90 for the kit, bargain really. I maidened mine last night and it fly's extremely well!

Hi Eric, I found a half finished Rivington Hawk at my parents which I must have started 15 years ago. Have managed to get a copy of the plan off Ebay and hope to complete it and have it flying again soon. This will be my second hawk, the first one expired 15 years ago when it cartwheeled in up the top of Parlick  

Cheers for the design

Although it comes with a motor and fan the hayoe is well known for being a poor performer on the recommend 3s battery PLUS it absolutely drinks the juice hence the recommendation for an 80+ A ESC! This makes it an expensive final proposition, and despite my earlier recommendation ( sorry Myron ) I dont think its a good un.

OOOhhhh!  Timbo!  now why did you go and do that!    Its my 50th coming up soon and model wise I thought I would move up a gear and get something more serious.  I fancied a nice Warbird with a purring 4 stroke and retracts.  My girl friend asked me last night that I would obviously want some sort of flying thingy for my birthday (she's learning!) and I said I would meet her half way on the cost.

I have just looked at the video - that is nice!  I think the Lipo's could be a bit pricey to run it though!  I do like the Hawks- So thanks for that!  Now I'm confused again!  

AL

I am planning on using a 6s LiPo in mine, and yes you are correct they are not exactly cheap. However, some lesser known brands are now appearing which seem to offer a good performance, and if you shop around you could probably get a suitable 6s ( or 2 x 3s ) for around 70 - 80 quid, maybe even less. 60A ESCs are available for under £30 these days....so its not too bad really.

It is a lot of model for the money, and the finish is not half bad Go on....you know you want it!

I would say  the Phase 3 F16 is easily the best budget EDF I have flown so far but there are plenty of other and larger EDFs now available .Cumbria have some very interesting models eg Mirage 2000 for 5 or 6s packs.These foamies weigh nothing for their size and are guarenteed to fly well.