Brian Taylor Plans

Advert

Hi Paul, you don't really get an option, Bob only cuts the parts that need cutting ie bulkheads, fus sides, ribs etc. all of the stock material ie sheeting and square stock you have to provide yourself.

Not wishing to pull you away from this great site but I have found a fantastic resource for scratchbulding and we all "hang out" there. If you are interested take a look at RCSCALEBUILDERS.COM My electric P-51 build thread is buried under the Brian Taylor section.

My wife bought me the Bob Holman cut parts as a pressie, good isn't it to get gifts like that

Cheers

Danny

Thanks again! I did order the plans from the other mag as im sure they own the rights etc to BT plans now.

I think some cutters offer "part kits" and I wasnt sure if the "full kits" basically had everything in them< you dont know if you dont ask lol.

Belair have kits left so it looks like I will go that route!

Shes a find Danny!

Cheers

Paul

Hi Paul, Yes I will second that..........

One thing I thought of but never investigated. Bob Holman cuts his parts from his set of drawings. I presume he copies his drawing for sale as he is authorised by Brian (or was, not sure of the situation these days).

I decided to to make sure of no discrepancies and get my drawings from the same source as the laser cut parts. I may be worrying unnecesarily but was worried that due to copying variations the plans and the parts would not match exactly. I have heard of plans distorting by a few percent simply due to a damp atmosphere....... so plans and laser parts from the same source. I know if I went to Bob and said bulkhead 7 doesn't match the plans he would check. If the drawings came from elsewhere whose would be right???

I did look at Belair, but at the time Bob was cheaper even taking the shipping into consideration.

Cheers

Danny

Funny you should say that, one of the "other" forums is just starting an online basic cad course on designing models using TurboCad. It is being run by one of the US designers. We had a test session the other evening and we had people from the States, Canada, the UK and Australia all chatting together and sharing a Webex session. Very interesting. The course starts for real in a couple of weeks.

Cheers

Danny

Hi Andy, sorry didn't realise thats what you meant. I get the feeling the magazines seem to concentrate on the mainstream stuff and leave the forums to the more technical stuff like that. I have some links that are to some great techniques such as making and molding parts in glassfibre if you are interested?

How about it David? any mileage in an article on cowl making?

Hi Paul,

One of the best scratch builders in the world Is Merlyn, he shows how to not only mold the fuselage but cad the plans in the first place. Be warned do not click on the link if you haven't got a thermos of coffee beside you and you are in a very comfortable armchair. If you love balsa bashing as i do you will, you wont stop going through this thread until you hit page 38.

The fus molding starts at about page 17 if you want to cut the drawing bits out.

Merlys Fokker G1

Enjoy........

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

Questions regarding Brian Taylor's Spitfire planes..

I've found the following plans on the web for sale:

1) MK1a with a 69" wing span sources: Brian Taylor's website and Bob Holman's website
2) MK1a with a 63" wing span source: ebay
3) MK8 and MK9 with a 83" wing span: Brian Taylor's website and Bob Holman's website
4) MK14 and 19 with a 69" wing span: Brian Taylor's website and Bob Holman's website

Did Brian Taylor ever offer a MK1a 63" plan?  Does anybody offer a laser parts kit for this one?

Thank you,
Rick