image posting

geoff dales

i know its early days yet but is the forum going to offer the poster the option to post images in a topic .IMO pretty esential really if someone does some build photo s or needs a photo to give advice.
again early days but the site operation is nt that user freindly and dos nt give the user any options to fonts highlighted etc that the other UK forums do or even the dreaded smiley or user signature is nt an option

Advert

Hi guys,
Can anyone tell me how to upload pics onto here such as my profile pic and also for the gallery.
I have Irfanview and Photoimpressions 5 and have lowered the pixel size of photo's using both programs but i still can't upload them.
On the profile it tells me that pics are restricted to 12 something or other.

HELP!!!!!!!

Jon S

Hiya,
How can i lower the KB size of my images for the profile pic and for the gallery.
I have started a folder in the gallery but a s my files are too large it won't let me load them.
I have tried shrinking the pixel size but it still won't let me upload anything.
Pic's were taken with a Nikon D50 digital SLR on fine quality setting using a 70-300mm zoom lens saved to a 2Gb memory card if this helps.
Anybody who knows of a decent program i can use to shrink the kb size etc i'd be most grateful as i have some excellent pics which i'd love to share with you all.

Regards,
Jon.

if you have photoshop elements or similar, choose the option "save for web" and play about with the image size until it shows (in preview)that the new file size is within the limit
( 250kb for gallery I think )
"fine quality setting" on a decent SLR digital camera will probably be WAY too big a file for forum use :)

Yes I am using IE. Settings already at medium. Tried again and upload button is visible now. Still does not work. Error message reads: Application Error. - technical department informed. the display automatically resets to the original page. Have posted pics "the long way round" typing in the full file location & name.Hope it works this time