Turnigy 9xr firmware upgrading help

Rob43

Hi all

I have a turnigy 9xr tx thatI purchased july 2013. I have been using it as per supplied. I understand this is upgradable to improved or different versions. Can anyone tell me what the different versions are and what they will do that the std version doesn't and is the installation straightforward. I have done some websearches but it doesnt seem to bring up too much info regarding which versions I can or should be using. Has anyone done this. Also would this remove the model memory programming and have to start again.
Grateful for any help.

Advert

Hi Rob, I have the Taranis but AFAICS the firmware/software for the 9xr was designed by the same team. You should be able to get help here on the OpenRCforums .

I think you will need to download the Companion 9x, if you haven't already done so, then in the Preferences select 9xr in the Firmware dropdown.
If the procedure's similar to the Taranis, once that's done you should be able open the 9xr Tx simulator, save the existing memories before upgrading the firmware using Zadig the reloading them if necessary afterwards.

Sorry Rob, I've no idea what any differences are especially since I've not seen a 9xr. I can only guess that some bugs picked up & reported by users have been sorted also there may be some tweaking of facilities.
E.g. - a very minor tweak - when I upgraded my Taranis firmware recently with "noheli" ticked in preferences the helicopter page in the Tx model setup section disappeared. The original firmware didn't allow this page to be removed.

However you will probably be able to find out with a search within the link I gave or by posting a question there.

Hi.
Just been having a quick lookfrom my phone browser, im beginning to make more sense of it and I think I can find whats relative to me. I will do like you say and download the companion 9x and look from there.
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.