Red Arrows Hawk

"Sorry, but that is the worst website that I've ever seen"

Strong words, but I agree. The wording and pictures are good, but someone with Dyslexia or visual impairment would freak out looking at it (Yes, I teach for a living and this is one of the first things that are addressed)

Just an observation... a quick change of colour and it will be fine - I'm clicking away on the menu bar and nothing happens?

And YES the Mick Reeves site is by far the worst in the business. Looks like it's been constructed by a 5 year old. A mixture of fonts, font sizes, and colours coupled with a very poor layout spells disaster. Do we really need family history photos on the front page? And large in size? Many ISPs offer some eCommerce free of charge. It would be an uphill task to catalogue it all of course, but even some PDF catalogue would be a start...

Advert

The funny thing about the Mick Reeves website is that the picture of Jim looks like one you would see on the BBC Programme Watchdog in the 'Rouge Traders' sections or Cowboy Builders! (I am not suggesting that Jim is or anything, it just made me chuckle with the half built wall behind him).

It is so true that the purpose of a website is to transmit information. If you webspace does not do that, then your are putting yourself on a back back foot before you even start. The internet is a huge place, and unless your target customer is someone who knows you are there and is shopping for your product only, a poor website will make someone assume a poor product. Maybe a wrong association, but presentation forms 90% of first impression.

I'm freezing this thread (and will delete it shortly) on the basis that, with scant little information, it appears to be little other than an attempt to sell a foamy jet. Overt selling threads/posts fall outside the forum COC.

As always, we're happy, indeed, very pleased when traders come on to answer queries or set people and facts straight and while we support new business start-ups and unique products, this thread hasn't convinced me it falls within those areas.