NCFM Moth or Bluto

Hi all.

I'm toying with the idea of buying an NCFM Moth or similar.

I want a foamie type model that is quick, very quick if possible...It does not need to be a light wind model, just something for when I don't want to risk my mouldie.

Does anyone have any experience or advice on these or any thing that may suit my requirements.

Thanks all.

Phil

Advert

Phil - the moths are nippy......even more so the 60" one's.......Enrico puts ballast tubes in his...and like's to load it up.........if you decide on a 48" moth...go for the ordinary one......as the 'uber' moth is the same wing-but more dosh..........Google the moths and you'll get some good vid's showing them off.......my first one got the wing sliced in two by Enrico's pike... teeth 2 ....

ken Anderson ne...1 ....... sliced wing dept......

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi just a quick comment always ballast the moth this will give you speed plus peneration the best wind speed is about 20 to 25 mph also put a solid carbon rod in the fuzalarge insert two 1/8 carbon rods whither side of the fuz about one inch from the nose to about 3/4 back place one rod on centre line from the tail fin to the leading edge of the wing this only adds a few oz but you will have a crash prouf glider rout the slots for the tube and use gorilla glue plus t pins to hold rods in place till glue cures sand to suit you should also use this method for the m60 with the largest ballast tube you can fit look for a finished weight of about 60 oz wih ballast with this amount of weight you can easily Handel winds of 40 mph plus