3rd home design

Djay

After the success of my earlier 2 home designs I have built my 3rd one.

I was at the flying field last week teaching a newcomer to fly. He had brought 3 artf trainers and they all flew to fast or to uncontrollable for a complete newby, despite being reputable brands.

I let him have a go of my 3 channel vintage model I had with me at the time and he managed to do a few circuits which made his day.

So I went home and Saturday evening drew up a plan for a basic 3 channel trainer based on my vintage model.

p1010387 (copy).jpg

then started cutting and building.

p1010389 (copy).jpg

p1010397 (copy).jpg

p1010398 (copy).jpg

p1010399 (copy).jpg

Darryl

Advert

the model is a 3 channel basic trainer.

wingspan 60 inch, 9 inch chord flat bottom aerofoil

SC 25 2 st engine, 3 basic futaba servos.

it flew beautifully, nice and stable and I had 3 flights with it, and my pupil had 3 flights with it which he thoroughly enjoyed. By the 3rd flight he was in full control and flying basic circuits unaided.

it just putters around at half throttle and is plenty responsive but gives the learner time to react if they get it wrong.

I need to move the u/c forward as it is right on the C of G position so it falls forward or backwards when landing, and a few more degrees of down thrust required.

built using everything from my scrap boxes, hence the different colour coverings.

this is actually home design number 5 as 3 and 4 are on the drawing and building boards at the moment.

Darryl