spectrum receiver light and life battery.advice please

Dave Rose

Hello. I have put a spectrum 6 channel receiver into a new glider.for the first time I am using a life receiver battery instead of nimh battery. This is to give me 6 volts etc.

However I noticed that when switched on, the receiver ( binding ) light is not lit even though everything works fine, .it was lit when first set up but now seems to have "blown"

I have done a good range check and it has flown ok.

Seems the excess volts may have blown the light? But is it safe to Carry on flying or is the receiver possibly damaged?

I even did a 're bind and it did bind ok even though there were no flashing lights in the receiver. And then it flew ok and behaved impeccably _ but there was no light.

Any expert can advise please?

Thanks

Edited By Dave Rose on 15/03/2014 23:03:17

Advert

If it's a genuine Spektrum Rx, send it back for checking. I've heard they normally just send out a new one as a replacement if it's still in warranty.

Personally I wouldn't fly it, or at the very least do an extended range check, and I mean walk as far as you possibly can away fro the model, and keep going! Then I'd still check it periodically, but the worry will always be there.

Is the model worth more than the cost of a new Rx, or maybe just delivery cost back to Horizon???

As Daz suggests, pop it in a jiffy bag and send it off to Horizon Hobby with a covering note:

Horizon Hobby UK Ltd
Units 1 to 4 Ployters Rd
Staple Tye,
Southern Way,
Harlow,
ESSEX CM18 7NS

Their customer service is excellent and I'm sure you'll be pleasantly surprised...

Pete

Thanks a lot for the prompt replies.

Yes, I did a 50 yd range check- ( i.e. with button on DX18 tranny held down.). Further than my normal checks.

I'm heartened by the answer from cessna!. And i know Horizon are good on checking.

I think I'll ring them in the first instant. See what they say. before flying again.

thanks again