plans and short kits

I was just wondering if short kits were available for most plans we see in magazines? As they are not mentioned as to where they can be obtained from I wondered where they would be bought from and how we can find out which ones are available.
I know plans are ment to encourage us to have a go ourselves but I kind of see a short kit as a stepping stone - ie - ARTF - kit - short kit - plan - scratch built. (hope folk understand my train of thought).

Advert

Hi Antony, it depends on what your definition of short kit is. If you order a plan sometimes there is a laser cut set of parts, plus cowlings canopy etc available. As Evan says, this is not always the case. The laser cut parts usually covers all ribs, fuselage formers and any fiddly parts. The sheet stock is not usually provided and you will have to source yourself. It is not difficult with a little paractice, you should give it a go, you will be amazed at the sattisfaction of doing it all yourself and the range of models increases significantly :)