Can I

Erfolg

Advert

Timbo

The reviews are some what mixed.

For some it is no good, others seem to have reservation, and the remainder seem to think its good to the best thing from sliced bread.

The trouble with this type of review (given that there is no time line to work out the history), is that they can be like "Imax 6". Some reviewers quoting all sorts of problems and inaccuracies. Yet for me it works fine, accuracy is great.

I am not sure what is a reasonable performance from a receiver, I guess

• Range
  • Rejection of unwanted signals
  • Accuracy of converting signal to out put.

Have I missed something?

How do you really measure these things objectively and put the result in context.

Erfolg

I said I was confused in another thread, seems I am suspetable to it now, or possibly totally lacking in knowledge.

• If the Tx crystal can drift, will this not affect a crystal Rx?
  • If the Syn Rx, fixes on the frequency that it percieves the Tx is sending, will this not be more accurate?
  • Or do the Syn Rx pick up on allocated frequencies?
  • Do you have to reset the Rx every time you power up the Rx. Or does it lock onto a frequency until it is reallocated?

Erfolg

Well actually I think it is still YYN! The second question was basically asking is a synthezied receiver not likely to be more accurate than a crystal based one ( or a tleast that how I read it ) and therefore in this respect, YES is the correct answer. The synthesized receiver does use an "allocated" frequency ( as per being set to the frequency you tell it to lock onto by sending a strong signal from your close-by tr ) It doesnt get allocated one as such ( like a 2.4ghz set does )

probably just terminology and different interpretation of the questions Eric.... I blame Erfolg

As my memory serves (or fails) me a free running synthesizer retains its memory only when an internal battery is included within the apparatus.

Is this receiver free running  or direct synthised?

Crystals within the transmitter (and also crystal controlled receivers)  drift due to changes in temperature, several ppm between freezing and a warm summers day. A 'locked on' receiver will not.

Where does that leave us?