3dhs planes , not removing covering before gluing

Just bought a 3dhs 42" slick. reading the instructions, viewing a build video and looking at all their other products, shows them not removing the covering before gluing parts such as the horizontal and vertical stabilizer. Has anyone built a 3dhs plane and followed the instructions or have they removed the covering.

posts 4 -9 in link below are interesting

**LINK**

Advert

All the artf manuals I've ever had, (usually Seagull and Great Planes Black Horse), they have always said remove covering to reveal the wood so the glue joint is wood to wood.

Also be careful not to cut the wood while removing the film. I have used a soldering iron in the past rather than a sharp knife and cut into the frame.

gavin ive had a 42 for a while now ,firstly you wont be dissapointed. i did remove the covering . on a normal sport plane you could poss just glue it but the way this it goes you want a proper joint. also a would run some superphatic or thin ca round the joints especialy the rudder servo mount , again also if i could i would do some thing to get more elev travel as the 45 deg i get aint enough for some tricks well thats what i found any way ,, fly low