Depron Tyro

Chris - Depron

Advert

Danny, what do you reckon covering the Tyro with 17gm glass cloth, using Ezekote or PolyC would add to its' weight? I've committed myself to using that method on my Depron Barnstormer based on the information in your RCME article and I'm guessing that it shouldn't add more than a couple of ozs. At 50" span, it's a similar size to the Tyro, so I'd expect the result to be more or less the same for both.

It was this project that fired me up to try and do the Barnstormer in the first place, but I couldn't wait for the next instalment after the wing build because of my decision to have this ready for Greenacres come what may, so I got on with it anyway. Because I've got bits of wood in critical areas in mine I guessed that the weight might not be brilliant, but I've weighed the fuselage with motor and esc, to find out that they add up to 280gms, or 10 ozs. The wing and tail are going to be less than that, so I'm starting to think that it might come out within 1 1/2 lbs including the 3S 1800 Lipo, which I'd be very happy with.

Hopefully we'll get the chance to get the two Depron DB designs together, I hope that Boddo would approve. I don't recall seeing any of his designs converted into Depron before, but perhaps someone else has done it. It's certainly a first for me and my initial trepidation is being replaced by pleasant surprise. I'm really looking forward to finishing and flying it.