tutor 40

I have just built my first plane and one of the problems i have is charging the 4 cell battery connecting the rx unit.I would like to charge it without taking it out of the plane and dismantle the wings to get to it to charge come kind of adapter that can be glued in to the side of the plane is there such a thing and can anybody send me a fotos of it

Advert

I presume we're talking about a glow-powered model with a 4-cell or 5-cell NiMh receiver battery? If so, a charging socket is usually incorporated in the on/off switch harness, like SW13 or SW14 in this link. You'll see that each of those switches has 3 leads -- one goes to the receiver, one to the battery, and the third one is for the charger input. The third one is only active when the switch is in the "off" position for the receiver.

As an added refinement you can get a mounting bracket so that the charge plug can be mounted in the side of the fuselage.

You can get switches with built in charging sockets but I would worry about having the socket on the outside of the plane where it can get covered in gunk.Like many I suspect I just use a standard r/c switch with charging lead and make sure the battery is charged before I put the wings on. With a standard battery I get more than a days worth of flying although I do use analogue servos and only 5 maximum so far