Hi to All

Pete B

Hi Everyone!

Just to introduce myself, like so many others on the forum, I am making a return to RC after many years absence. I now live in a part of France where model shops and clubs are a bit thin on the ground so the internet and forums such as this are an invaluable source of information.  Back in the mid to late '70's, I built and flew such models as the W & E Superfly, Magnatilla, Miles Magister look-alike, Multiplex E1 and the EMP Corona 100" - names for some of the seniors to recall, perhaps?  My only claim to fame was beating Chris Foss once in a soaring comp. at Portsmouth

Anyway, family, mortgage, work etc took priority and now, after 3 years of renovating a house (which just happens to have 6 acres of meadow behind it, I've found some time to return to the hobby. Never was an aerobatic type, so I'm looking to do a bit of soaring with a Ripmax Nebula leccy to start with and we'll see how it pans out. Plenty of thermals here in summer! STOL and vintage types may also be on the cards when I've re-educated my fingers.

Well, I'm now off to the Electric Flying section as I already have a battery problem and, having lurked here for a while, I'm pretty confident the answer will be found there.

Pete

Advert

Thanks for your welcome, gents. I'm in the Lot, Myron, between Brive and Cahors, a region today afflicted with 8/8 cloud and a c.30kt south-easterly wind! It's nice when the sun shines, though. A grimpeur, eh? I'm the wrong size for that but still enjoy a ride when I can! Saw a couple of stages of Le Tour last year and will no doubt do the same this July.

I have been mightily impressed by the speed of response to my battery query - don't you people have anything else to do?

I should be outside continuing my transformation of a field into a garden but I'm currently trying to formulate a sensible reply whilst trawling the net for an idiots guide to Li-Po's - so many questions...... Having scraped a Physics 'O' level nearly 40 years ago it's getting the brain to function again, that's the problem. Your patience will be much appreciated. 

Bonne journée!

Pete