Flashing blue light on Hitech Eclipse 7 pro

Good afternoon all.

I've recently completed a full refit on a HP 60 sloper and have come across a problem.

20140420_113152.jpg

When I was setting up the throws on the elervons last weekend I noticed that the blue led on the tx would flash when the servos were operated, this was also accompanied by a random beeping from the transmitter.

I thought this was the low rx battery warning, so I checked the battery voltage which was above 4.5v but only showing approx 26 percent charge.

It is a new enloop 2000 mah 4 cell which was fully charged the previous week so I thought it was faulty.

I've now replaced the battery with a new one ( fully charged today) but still getting the same blue tx flashing when operating the servos.

Looking at the manual I realise it would be the red led flashing, not blue, for the low rx battery warning.

Any ideas guys, radio is Hitech Eclipse pro 7 and using the Optima 6 rx.

Many thanks

Phil

Advert

Hi Phil. I think your problem is that the Tx is in bind mode. Haven't got my manual to hand but when the bind button is pressed on the Tx the blue light flashes until the Rx is bound to it. Have you got your manual?

John

Edited By John Tee on 04/05/2014 14:35:31

Saw this bit in the manual....but says blue stays on constantly and red flashes for low battery ? =

Low Battery Warning
The 2.4GHz system will automatically recognize the receiver battery voltage among 4 and 5 cell NiMH or NiCd batteries and
warns you, and also 2S LiPo/lo/Fe battery packs can be used with battery warning level customization.
- When battery level is high(4cell > 4.5V, 5cell > 5.6V): The red module LED glows constantly.
- When battery level is low(4cell < 4.5V, 5cell < 5.6V): Blue LED glows constantly and the red LED will blink fast. You will
hear a continuous loud beep from the module as a low receiver battery warning. Upon hearing the alarm, we advise
you to bring back the aircraft and land at once.

Tony

Could possilby be the bind button o n the Tx sticking as it goes blue and beeps when you push the bind button for 3 seconds to get to low power setting for range checks but I would have thought this would reset if on/off switch cycled.

John

Sounds like it John....says it on that link that may be the problem------ =

The problem is probably a RX battery that is low or is too small for the # of servos you have etc. Or you could have a servo that is binding or overdriving the surface.

The module has a RX voltage monitor that can be set to selected RX voltage warning. When you bang the sticks around the servo loads increase and drop the battery voltage.

See the Hitec web site for info. You can set the voltage warning level but you need the Hitec HP-22 and HP-22 software to do it

Tony

HPP-22 is not required as per the Eclipse 7 Pro Manual Addendum:

Low Battery Warning
NOTE: That you can adjust RX battery voltage warning level in
B.WAR menu. Also via HPP-22 warning level can be adjusted.

. Hitec Eclipse 7 & Eclipse 7 Pro - All Manuals, Addenda, Quick Setup, CCPM and Additional Programming FAQ

The blue light could relate to the transceiver, an incomplete link usually when tx & Rx antenna to close, following also relates to the later Eclipse 7 Pro:

AFHSS - Warning Beeps Aurora 9 & Spectra 2.4Ghz Module - Interpret & Manage the Independent Alarms.

LED Status Card - What the colours/combinations are indicating.

RX: Optima series receivers:
Operating Voltage: 4.8~7.4V From a receiver battery, or a speed controllers (ESC) power.
(7.4v is nominal = 8.4 max with fully charged 2S lipo battery)
4.8~35V Using SPC function (35V is the Maximum, do not exceed)
(Aurora A9 RX Voltage on Screen SPC voltage has preference over BEC voltage if using tap.)
Current Drain : 190mA
Optima RX - Installation RX, BODA Antenna, Volts & Range Test.. Quote:
"Notes 1. a. Reset voltage is 3.5v. The cause of many problems with 2.4 systems
is when people use low power 4 cell packs with high torque servos and they brown out.
Optima cut off voltage is 3.5v, so we suggest a 5 cell+ pack for the servos, or use the SPC
to power the RX (excludes servo) for additional safety.
A small 2S lipo to SPC would guarantee the RX voltage would never sag. "

Alan Tong
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links